- The Earth Observer Newsletter
You will be directed to the NASA Visible Earth webpage when you select Images by Mission below, or click on the images at right that are randomly generated to represent four out of all possible topics.
You are here
Gravity Recovery and Climate Experiment Follow On (GRACE-FO)
Mission Category: Earth Systematic Missions, Decadal Survey, Tier 3, Other
Launch Date: 2018
The objective of the Gravity Recovery and Climate Experiment Follow On (GRACE-FO) mission is provide high-temporal-resolution gravity field measurements for the purpose of tracking large-scale water movement. GRACE-FO is the follow-on mission to GRACE, launched in 2002.
Key Gravity Recovery and Climate Experiment Follow On Facts
Microwave or Laser Ranging System
- Sensing Gravity from Space: GRACE Follow-On (Postcards - 6.48 MB)
- Understanding Earth: Our Ocean (Booklets - 11.11 MB)
Relevant Science Focus Areas:
- Climate Variability and Change
- Earth Surface and Interior
- Water and Energy Cycles
Relevant Science Questions:
- How does the Earth system respond to natural and human-induced changes?
- How is the global Earth system changing?
- What are the primary forcings of the Earth system?
- Disaster Management
- Water Management